Susan Lees, City Events Manager for Culture Liverpool, and Mike Richmond, Managing Director of site/production management company REM, discuss the third year of Liverpool International Music Festival, looking at partnerships, planning, the programme and the production effort behind the city’s successor to Mathew Street Festival.
The demographic at Liverpool International is four-year-olds to 84-year-olds and the programme has to reflect all those tastes and requirements. Richmond tells the Event Industry News camera how REM advises Culture Liverpool about the kit they need and when they need it, with an onus on local resources.
There’s a hub of good suppliers in the North West and as long as the price is right, it’s vital that events like these stay in step with the Social Values Act and put something back into the commercial community.
Latest posts by Paul Allott (see all)
- Event Industry News introduces game-changing tech panel series to the capital - January 19, 2017
- Storm in a T cup - January 18, 2017
- Mojo Barriers acquired by Evago Group - January 18, 2017
- Report says Carnival risks ‘Hillsborough-scale’ tragedy - January 18, 2017
- Boardmasters bidding for bigger wave - January 17, 2017